We are excited to welcome your child into our Chinook’s Edge School community!
General online registration for the 2022-2023 school year will be open as of January 10, 2022! It is helpful to have your supporting documents (ex. birth certificate) prior to beginning the registration process.
Are You New to Chinook's Edge School Division?
To register your child online, or to re-sign in to SchoolEngage, please click here.
Are You Already a Part of Our Chinook's Edge Community?
To register a new member of your family go to your PowerSchool Parent Portal and login with your existing user name and password to find the SchoolEngage link on the bottom left hand menu. Once in your account you can add a student.
Are You an Independent Student?
Interested in Pre-Kindergarten?
Please contact your local school directly.
Interested in having your child(ren) attend a school outside your attendance area?
Please complete the Out of Area Request Form and return it to the school of choice.
More information on CESD's Kindergarten programming is available here. Registration for the 2022-2023 school year will open on January 10, 2022. Welcome to Kindergarten!
More Information About the Online Registration Process
SchoolEngage is a convenient, secure online enrolment system. This replaces our annual registration package and demographic updates, and verifies all student information for every child prior to the start of school.
For detailed instructions on how to fill out the registration form online, please refer to our Parent Guide to Registration.
What if I don’t have access to a computer?
- All schools have computers available for parents who do not have computer or internet access.
- The SchoolEngage system is mobile friendly, you can use your smartphone or tablet to register.
- If necessary, paper copies will be available at the school.
What if I don’t have access to a scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, take a photo with your smartphone or tablet, then either upload it directly to the form or save it on your computer and upload it from there.
Examples of accepted documentation:
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- Student Visa
- Student immigration papers, student visa, or study permit. Landed immigrant documentation or permanent/temporary residence card will also be required for parents.
- Guardianship Letter: If parents live outside of Alberta legal guardianship must be applied for through Alberta Government.
- Verification of residency such as driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, property tax bill.