We are excited to welcome your child into our Chinook’s Edge School community!
General online registration for the 2024-2025 school year is available below. It is helpful to have your supporting documents (ex. birth certificate) prior to beginning the registration process.
Are You New or Returning to Chinook's Edge School Division?
To register your child online, or to re-sign in to SchoolEngage, please click here.
Are You Already Registered in a Chinook's Edge School?
To register a new member of your family go to your PowerSchool Parent Portal and login with your existing user name and password to find the SchoolEngage link on the bottom left hand menu. Once in your account you can add a student.
Are You an Independent Student?
Interested in Pre-Kindergarten?
Please contact your local school directly.
More information on CESD's Kindergarten programming is available here. Registration for the 2024-2025 school year will open on January 8, 2024. Welcome to Kindergarten!
More Information About the Online Registration Process
SchoolEngage is a convenient, secure online enrolment system. This replaces our annual registration package and demographic updates, and verifies all student information for every child prior to the start of school.
For detailed instructions on how to fill out the registration form online, please refer to our Parent Guide to Registration.
What if I don’t have access to a computer?
- All schools have computers available for parents who do not have computer or internet access.
- The SchoolEngage system is mobile friendly, you can use your smartphone or tablet to register.
- If necessary, paper copies will be available at the school.
What if I don’t have access to a scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, take a photo with your smartphone or tablet, then either upload it directly to the form or save it on your computer and upload it from there.
Examples of accepted documentation:
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- Student Visa
- Student immigration papers, student visa, or study permit. Landed immigrant documentation or permanent/temporary residence card will also be required for parents.
- Guardianship Letter: If parents live outside of Alberta legal guardianship must be applied for through Alberta Government.
- Verification of residency such as driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, property tax bill.
Media consent and FOIP
As a part of the registration process, families will be asked to complete an Enrollment (or Re-Enrollment form for returning families).
Part of the registration form explains what information Chinook's Edge is permitted to gather consistent with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP). Also, we ask families for permission to share a students' personal information including their name, photograph, video, work and activities publicly. The intent behind this is to showcase and celebrate student achievement, and to create a sense of school and community pride in our students and schools.
We have prepared this Question & Answer document to explain more about why we ask for consent and what it could mean for your child.
Media consent Q&A