Social Emotional Specialists
Location: Division Office
Competition #: 14085
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Date Posted: January 14th, 2022
Closing Date: January 27th, 2022 - 12:00pm
Social Emotional Specialists
Chinook’s Edge School Division invites applications from qualified individuals for the positions of Social Emotional Specialists. The Social Emotional Specialists roles will be specifically placed throughout schools and communities across the division and will work collaboratively with the Student Services team. Applicants must be able to administer mental health assessments and collaborate with schools to determine the most appropriate programming supports for students identified as having mental health and social emotional needs.
- Masters in Social Work (or related field) with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related clinical experience. Equivalencies will be considered including candidates with Masters level education and school leadership experience.
- Broad knowledge and speciﬁc aptitude in the areas of mental health, suicide prevention, classroom interventions and mental health screening and assessment.
- Experience in student crisis intervention and at risk student behaviors (VTRA trained).
- Ability to provide social emotional consultation and leadership through a coaching and mentoring model.
- Effective communication with health partners to provide collaborative specialized social emotional and mental health supports as required.
- Ability to design professional learning sessions for school communities on student-focused mental health and social emotional strategies.
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional and sensitive manner
- Ability to work independently and cohesively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
We ask that applicants prepare both a cover letter and resume, complete with the names and telephone numbers of three current work related references. Cover letters can be addressed to Ray Hoppins, Associate Superintendent – People Services, Chinook’s Edge School Division. Applications for this posting will only be accepted by using the link below, and will not be accepted by email.
To apply for this position please click here.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm, Thursday, January 27, 2022. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record check and a Child Intervention (Welfare) check. As a condition of employment, all new employees to the Division must comply with AP 4-33: COVID-19 Harm Reduction Procedure by either providing proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or participating in regular rapid testing to verify that they are COVID-19 negative.
Chinook’s Edge is one of the largest school divisions in the province, serving over 11,000 students in 43 Central Alberta schools between Calgary and Red Deer. Our schools are located in 13 small communities that sprawl east and west from the Highway 2 corridor, conveniently providing Chinook’s Edge staff and families with the best of both worlds: a friendly, healthy and affordable small-town lifestyle combined with the proximity to big city amenities! Plus, the world famous Rocky Mountains are a short drive away. The Chinook’s Edge reputation for staff and student wellness, our family-friendly communities that boast easy access to exciting cultural and recreational opportunities, and our highly regarded quality learning environments make us a desirable division in which to live, learn, work and play! For more information on Chinook’s Edge School Division, please check our website (www.cesd73.ca).
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the Supervisor or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Resumes of individuals not granted an interview will not be kept on file.