Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Exhibits: CESD Mileage FAQ’s
Last Amended: 2020 January 20
Last Reviewed: 2019 December 17
To ensure consistent allocation and access to professional development funds for staff.
This administrative procedure applies to the Superintendent and Principals when allocating and providing access to professional development funds for staff. This administrative procedure does not apply to PUF educational assistants. PUF educational assistants receive PD money through PUF funding.
- Annually, as part of the budgeting process, professional development funds will be allocated to schools based on budgeted FTE.
- Staff members will have access to the full professional development funds allocated based on their FTE.
- Teachers will have access to the number of sub days allocated through the budgeting process based on FTE.
- Staff members may bank three years of professional development funds and sub days (if allocated) to a maximum of $1050.00 and 3 sub days for teachers and $900 for support staff.
- Staff can access their individual professional development funds by communicating with school administration and professional development activities must be in alignment with professional growth plans, and / or school and Division goals.
- If a staff member transfers to another school within the Chinook’s Edge School Division, the banked professional development funds will follow the staff member to their new school.
- If a staff member retires or leaves Chinook’s Edge School Division, their banked professional development funds will be transferred to the school’s professional development pool of funds.
- The individual professional development allocations are not to be pooled for use as a larger group or whole staff professional development activity other than for reasons stated in number 7 above and number 10 and 15 below.
- Individual professional development funds and / or the school pooled PD funds are not to be topped up by school administration from other budget allocations.
- Schools will develop a pooled professional development fund by allocating unused professional development funds that were not able to be banked by staff because they have reached the maximum amount of banked professional development funds.
- Schools will develop a plan which outlines processes and procedures for staff to access the pooled professional development funds within a school.
- Staff attending professional development outside of the province of Alberta must complete the Out of Province Professional Development form and receive approval prior to booking. https://records.cesd73.ca/Forms/outprvpd
- School administration will report annually to staff the amount of professional development funds used and the amount of professional development funds that were unused and transferred to the school’s pooled professional development fund.
- This administrative procedure is not retroactive and takes effect at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Effective the 2019-2020 school year, current non staff committed PD funds will be added to the schools pooled PD funds. Individual teaching staff committed PD funds in excess of the $1050.00 and support staff committed PD funds in excess of $900.00 will be allocated to the schools pooled PD funds.
- Staff may use PD Funds for tuition reimbursement.
REFERENCE AND LINKS
2018 June 27 Reviewed
2019 Dec 17 Reviewed
2020 Jan 20 Amended