Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 26
To ensure that every student can benefit from an education. A student who has been expelled from any school may be placed in a Division Career High School. An expelled student will not be admitted to a regular Division School any earlier then the first day following the expulsion period of the academic year following the expulsion.
This procedure applies to all staff and students.
If a student wishes to attend a regular Division school upon the first day of the academic year following the expulsion, they must adhere to the following:
- The student must obtain the permission of the Principal of the receiving school.
- The student shall, in the presence of a parent or guardian, agree to sign a behaviour contract approved by the Principal.
- The student may be on probation for a period specified by the Principal.
- There will be no additional cost to the Board.
- The student may appeal the decision of the Principal to the Superintendent.
REFERENCE AND LINKS
2013 Feb 25 Reviewed
2018 Mar 02 Reviewed
2019 Nov 26 Reviewed