Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 26
The Division believes that students riding on school buses shall behave in a proper and orderly manner ensuring the safety of all passengers, and adhere to the rules as established by the Board.
- Obey the bus driver in a prompt, courteous manner as the driver is in charge at all times.
- Remain seated while the bus is moving.
- Refrain from swearing, making rude gestures, and teasing anyone on or in the vicinity of the bus.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to oneself.
- Keep the aisle clear.
- Refrain from littering on the bus or roadways.
- Be on time for pick-up each morning and immediately after school.
- Occupy the seat assigned by the driver.
- Walk in front of the bus when loading or unloading.
- Throwing objects out of the window.
- Extending body parts out the window.
- Intimidation or threats to other passengers.
- Use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
- Possession of weapons.
- Transporting unsecured and unprotected sharp objects such as skates.
- Profane Language.
- Moving about while the bus is in motion.
- Transporting items that are too large to go into a backpack or be put easily under the seat.
- Violators of these rules and/or any other unacceptable behaviour will be dealt with promptly using the Misconduct Report Form.
- Anyone guilty of vandalism will be assessed the cost of repairs.
- Bus drivers will make every effort to contact the parents and resolve difficulties before referring problems to the Principal.
The Principal in cooperation with the bus driver will take the appropriate steps to correct the behaviour. Such steps may include a suspension of bus privileges or suspension from school.
2008 Oct 28 Reviewed
2018 Mar 02 Reviewed