Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Initial Approval: 2008 October 28
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 25
To ensure that at times blended programs may best meet the program requirements and/or interests of the student.
This procedure applies to all staff and students.
“blended program” - is defined to be one in which a student is registered in courses at two or more schools.
- The school at which the student is enrolled in the majority of his/her courses will be known as the school of primary commitment and will be responsible for providing guidance and direction to the student.
- The Principals of the schools involved will ensure that communication takes place between schools to provide a program that best suits the needs of the student.
- Placement of students in blended programs must consider the appropriateness and availability of the courses to the students.
- A student wishing to enroll in a blended program must apply to both schools for registration and must follow the rules of each school.
- The administration and guidance counselors of the schools involved will meet with the student and/or parents to provide direction for the program.
- School Principals will negotiate the amount of funding to go to each school based upon percentage of time spent or credit enrolment units (CEU’s) obtained at each school. The cost of delivering a specialized course should also be considered. Where an agreement cannot be reached between Principals, the Superintendent/designate will arbitrate.
- School fees are to be prorated according to percentage of time spent at each school.
REFERENCE AND LINKS
2013 Feb 25 Reviewed
2017 Oct 04 Reviewed
2019 Nov 25 Reviewed