Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Initial Approval: 2008 October 28
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 25
To ensure there is a direct correlation between the time provided for instruction and student learning.
This procedure applies to all staff.
- Scheduled instruction for students shall not exceed 340 minutes per day, except where approved in writing by the Superintendent.
- The number of instructional hours shall be a minimum of 960 hours for elementary and junior high and 1010 hours for high school.
- A minimum of two recess periods or class breaks shall be scheduled during each day for secondary, elementary and kindergarten students.
- Each student shall be provided a daily lunch period.
- The Principal, in consultation with staff, school council, and any other schools in the community, will determine the times when school doors will be unlocked each day. This information will be made available to parents and the Board.
- Any school wishing to alter the school day from the above procedures must only do so with the approval of the Superintendent.
REFERENCE AND LINKS
Effective date: 2008 Oct 28
Reviewed: 2013 Feb 25
Reviewed: 2017 Oct 04
Reviewed: 2019 Nov 25