Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Initial Approval: 2010 March 30
Last Amended: 2013 February 22
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 25
To ensure positive external and internal communications are developed and maintained. The news media are an important vehicle through which the Division may keep the electorate informed and increase public awareness of education. The Division supports the use of media and school based communication mechanisms to inform the public and obtain feedback regarding Division and school activities.
This procedure applies to all staff.
- Schools are expected to maintain effective communication with their school community.
- Media releases on behalf of the Division shall be issued by the Board Chair or the Superintendent as directed by the Board.
- Regular school newsletters are to be provided for students for families with children in school.
- The Superintendent is authorized to contact media to make press releases, as approved by the Board, or to provide information for coverage of special events.
- The Principal is authorized to contact the media to provide coverage of special school events.
REFERENCE AND LINKS
Updated: 2013 February 22
Reviewed: 2017 November 27
Reviewed: 2018 July 03
Reviewed: 2019 Nov 25