Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Date of Approval: 2019 June 26
Last Amended: 2020 December 11
Last Reviewed: 2020 December 11
FOUNDATIONAL PILLAR - Operational Expectations
It is the will of the Board that the Superintendent shall ensure that donations, sponsorships and partnerships support the Division’s Organizational Goals.
Fair Market Value – value as defined by Federal or Provincial tax legislation.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS
- The Superintendent may accept donations if the donation is used to support the Division’s Organizational Goals.
- The Superintendent shall not, and shall ensure that staff do not, accept donations from donors who might compromise the Division’s reputation or who represent products or positions that are in conflict with the Division’s Organizational Goals.
- The Superintendent shall not, and shall ensure that staff do not, accept donations that are hazardous, unsafe or do not support the Division’s Organizational Goals.
- The Superintendent shall inform any donor that all goods and contributions that are received as donations become the property of the Division.
- The Superintendent may issue an official tax receipt, for fair market value of the donation.
- The Superintendent may acknowledge a donation in an appropriate manner.
- All donations made by the Division to other organizations or events will be done through Board motion.
- In March, the Superintendent shall provide to the Board a list of all significant donations made to the Division in the previous calendar year.
- In November, the Superintendent shall provide to the Board a list of all donations made by the Board to organizations or events in the previous calendar year.
- The Superintendent shall ensure that trustees are informed of donations over $5000.00 throughout the year as they occur.
2019 June 26 Approved
2019 Nov 29 Reviewed
2020 May 13 Amended
2020 Dec 11 Amended