Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Date of Approval: 2017 August 1
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 29
FOUNDATIONAL PILLAR - Operational Expectations
It is the will of the Board that the Superintendent shall ensure that school fees are reasonable and stakeholders understand how fees are applied.
School fee – a school fee is not a fee for an alternative program or a fee for tuition. School fees typically include: fees for instructional supplies and materials, lunchroom supervision fee, after-hours activities fees, etc.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS
- The Superintendent shall, recommend for Board approval, at or before the April Board Meeting, a schedule of school fees and transportation fees as permitted by statute and/or regulation.
- The Superintendent shall ensure that
- the Division maintains financial statements in a form set by the Minister demonstrating that the school fees and transportation fees collected have been spent for the same purpose for which they were collected
- administrative procedures regarding fees, the fees schedule and the circumstances and procedures for school fee waivers are posted on the Division’s website
- administrative procedures regarding fees require that parents are informed on the fee statement what is supplied for the fee
- administrative procedures regarding fees state that transportation fees will not be waived for students attending a school of choice.
2017 Aug 1 Approved
2018 Feb 18 Reviewed
2019 Apr 10 Reviewed
2019 Apr 16 Reviewed
2019 Nov 29 Reviewed