Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Date of Approval: 2017 August 1
Last Amended: 2018 May 30
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 29
FOUNDATIONAL PILLAR - Operational Expectations
It is the will of the Board that the Superintendent shall actively seek authentic feedback on the Division from a wide variety of teachers and communicate that feedback to the Board.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS
- The Superintendent shall create a Teachers Matter Committee that consists of teachers
- who are considered opinion leaders in their schools
- sufficient in numbers to represent each school
- who have not served on the Committee for more than three consecutive years
- recommended to the Superintendent by school principals
- The Superintendent shall ensure that membership of the Teachers Matter Committee has been reviewed by the Board before the first Teachers Matter Committee meeting of the school year.
- The Superintendent shall ensure that the Teachers Matter Committee meets at least four times per year, twice each semester.
- The Superintendent shall ensure that the meeting dates of the Teachers Matter Committee have been presented to the Board before the first Teachers Matter Committee meeting of the school year.
- The Superintendent shall encourage teacher representatives on the Teachers Matter Committee to authentically express their opinions and those of the teachers they represent.
- The Superintendent shall extend an invitation to attend Teachers Matter Committee meetings to
- the Board Chair
- the Board Vice Chair
- the Trustee appointed by the Board to attend the Teachers Matter Committee meetings.
- The Superintendent shall report the highlights of each Teachers Matter Committee meeting to the Board.
- On or before October, the Superintendent shall present the Board with a list of teacher membership and meeting dates for the Teachers Matter Committee.
- On or before the Board meeting following a Teachers Matter Committee meeting the Superintendent shall report meeting highlights to the Board.
2017 Aug 1 Approved
2018 Feb 18 Reviewed
2018 May 30 Amended
2018 June 18 Reviewed
2019 April 10 Reviewed
2019 Nov 29 Reviewed