Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Related Policies:PL 1 - 01.0.0 Organizational Goals
Initial Approval: 2017 August 1
Last Amended: 2019 January 9
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 29
FOUNDATIONAL PILLAR – Board Governance and Processes
The Board and trustees are committed to conducting themselves lawfully, with integrity and high ethical standards and model the expected behaviors of staff and students in the Division.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS
- Trustees shall take and subscribe to the official oath before commencing the trustee’s duties, and deposit the oath with the Corporate Secretary, as per statute.
- Trustees will advocate for the education and development of all children in the entire Division.
- Trustees will serve the interests of the stakeholders in the entire Division.
- Trustees will actively engage stakeholders to promote quality education.
- Trustees will attend Division and school events, when possible.
- Trustees will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the values expressed in PL 1 - 01.0.0 Organizational Goals.
- Trustees will respect diversity and foster a sense of belonging by providing a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe environment where students, staff, stakeholders and other trustees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Trustees will promote equality and non-discrimination.
- Trustees will respond in a timely manner to email, phone calls and other Division communication.
- Trustees will strive to improve their governance skills and expertise.
- Trustees will take responsibility for the Board’s performance and continually strive to improve that performance.
- Trustees will share materials and ideas gained with fellow trustees at the Board meeting following a trustee development activity.
2017 Aug 1 Approved
2018 Feb 10 Reviewed
2018 Dec 17 Reviewed
2019 Jan 9 Amended
2019 Nov 29 Reviewed