Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Initial Approval: 2017 August 1
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 29
FOUNDATIONAL PILLAR – Board Governance and Processes
The Board expects all its policies to be lawful, clear and supportive of the achievement of the Organizational Goals.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS
- The Board shall ensure that all policies are compliant with relevant legislation and regulations, and consistent with existing Board policies and agreements.
- By carried motion at a Board meeting, any trustee or the Superintendent may initiate the process leading to the preparation of a new policy or the amendment of an existing policy.
- New policies and policy amendments shall be:
- drafted by the Policy Committee
- presented to the Board for modification, amendment and first reading approval
- presented to the Board for final approval no sooner than one Board meeting following first reading approval
- become effective upon final approval, unless an effective future date is otherwise specified.
- In exceptional cases, the Board may waive the requirements for development and approval of policies outlined in Process 3 by a majority vote.
2017 Aug 1 Approved
2019 Nov 29 Reviewed