Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Last Reviewed: 2019 November 25
The Division believes employees hold a position of trust with respect to all property within the school.
The procedure applies to all staff.
- Teachers who receive or collect money from any source shall either keep it on their person until they rightfully dispose of it, or shall turn it over to the Principal, or Principal's designate, for safekeeping.
- Principals shall deposit, on a regular basis, in a financial institution, all money received. Cash on hand will be kept under close security arranged by the Principal and less than one hundred dollars ($100) will be kept overnight at the school.
- Teachers or others who suffer losses for themselves or others by failure to observe those regulations will be expected to bear those losses personally.
- Principals or teachers shall be responsible for safekeeping any property taken from a student as a result of a breach of school rules. If such goods are lost or stolen after being taken from the student, liability for such loss will rest with the teacher.
- Teachers shall also be responsible for safekeeping and insuring their own personal property that they may bring to school.
REFERENCE AND LINKS
Reviewed: 2017 Oct 11
Reviewed: 2018 July 03
Reviewed: 2019 Nov 25