Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Initial Approval: 2017 August 1
Last Amended: 2021 September 8
Last Reviewed: 2021 September 8
FOUNDATIONAL PILLAR – Organizational Goals
The Board expects all staff to actively pursue and promote the Division’s Mission, Vision, Motto and Values.
Chinook’s Edge School Division will engage every student in meaningful learning by challenging, encouraging and believing in them.
Chinook’s Edge School Division will be universally recognized as a collaborative learning community where learning is personalized for all students to achieve success as compassionate and innovative global citizens
Where Students Come First!
- Personal responsibilities
- Relationships based upon honesty, integrity, respect and compassion
- Dedication and commitment
- An environment of belonging: safe, caring and inclusive
- Growth and development through learning.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS
- At the Board’s second Organizational Meeting of every election cycle, Organizational Goals policy will be reviewed and if necessary updated.
- The Board shall not change the Division’s Mission, Vision, Motto or Values without soliciting input from stakeholders.
- If the Board decides to update the Division’s Mission, Vision, Motto or Values, the Superintendent shall be directed to develop a plan, to be authorized by the Board prior to implementation, that
a. indicates how stakeholders will be consulted
b. provides timelines for the process.
- Three times throughout the year on or near August, November and February (dates to be finalized annually by the Board), Division Goals will be developed, discussed and/or modified by the Superintendency Team and the Board.
2017 Aug 1 Approved
2017 Oct 4 Reviewed
2017 Oct 11 Amended
2017 Dec 18 Amended
2018 Feb 2 Amended
2019 Nov 29 Reviewed
2021 June 23 Reviewed
2021 Sept 8 Amended