- Chinook’s Edge is one of the largest school divisions in the province, serving 11,000 students in 43 schools across Central Alberta.
- Chinook’s Edge School Division will engage every student in meaningful learning by challenging, encouraging and believing in them.
- Chinook’s Edge School Division will be universally recognized as a collaborative learning community where learning is personalized for all students to achieve success as compassionate and innovative global citizens.
- QUALITY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT (QLE)
- École Deer Meadow School
- École Olds Elementary School
- Horizon School
- Off Campus Learning Centre
- Olds Career High School
- Olds High School
- Olds Koinonia Christian School
- Reed Ranch School
- Jessie Duncan School
- Penhold Crossing Secondary
- Penhold Elementary School
- RED DEER COUNTY
- Gasoline Alley Career High
- Pine Hill Hutterite School
- Poplar Ridge School
- 2019-2020 Exam Calendar
- AB Government Letter - Bill 1
- Alberta Education Website
- Fentanyl Information
- Inclement Weather
- Kids Plus Accident Insurance
- Out of Area Request
- QuickPay - Online Fee Payment
- Safety Response Summary
- School Fees
- Technology Use Agreement
- Trustees at work for students
- Weekdays 'til 6
- CESD73 Careers (Twitter)
- Employment Opportunities
- EMPLOYEE SERVICES
- Contact People Services
- Employee Information Form
- Employee Self Services
- Homewood Health
- ID Card Requests
- Interview Information
- Medical Leave Notification Form
- People Services Forms
- Record of Employment
- Staff Links
- Staff Health & Wellness
- Support Staff Request For Time Off
- Teacher Leave Day Request
- Teacher Supervision & Evaluation
- LEARNING SERVICES
- CESD Hub
- Contact Learning Services
- Career Connections
- CTF Site
- Ed Tech Framework
- Essential Outcomes
- French Immersion
- Indigenous Education
- Instructional Media Centre
- Learning Support Teams
- Literacy Framework
- Locally Developed Courses
- Quality Learning Environment
- STUDENT SERVICES
- CESD Hub
- Contact Student Services
- Assistive Technology
- Family School Wellness
- Learning Support Teachers & Admin
- Learning Support Teams (LSTs)
- PAT/Diploma Accommodations
- Referral Forms
- Success in Schools
- Violence Threat Risk Assessment
- REGIONAL COLLABORATIVE SERVICE DELIVERY
- Central Alberta RCSD Information
- SYSTEM SERVICES
- 2019-2020 Exam Calendar
- Administrator's Handbook
- Contact System Services
- Purchasing Technology
- Student Information
- Tech Advisory Group (TAG)
- Tech Help Ticketing System
- Transition to Chromebooks
- CORPORATE SERVICES
- Facilities Services
- Financial Services
- Health & Safety
- On-line Field Trip Information
- Out of Province PD Form
- Records Management
- Relocatables - Photo Tour
- Transportation Services
Regular Office Hours
7:00 AM - 12:00 Noon and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Closed on all non-school days and statutory holidays
Welcome to Transportation Services. Thank you for visiting our web page. For quick links to get around this site, please look to the left. (If you are viewing this website from a mobile phone, you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the links.) For a look at the Administrative Procedure (AP5-11) that guides the decision making for this department, please click here. Other information brochures, handbooks and forms are located below. For up-to-date route information, please click on the box "ROUTES - DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS" to the left. If you cannot find what you need, please call our office at 403 227-7072
We are very excited to announce that Chinook's Edge Transportation urban busing registrations have now gone to an online process through School Engage
If you wish to enroll for busing for the 2019-2020 school year the URBAN registration forms are now accessible through your PowerSchool Parent Portal
New students to the Division who require busing will have to register through the school following this link New School Registration
For parents with no Parent Portal set up as of yet you may access School Engage
Currently enrolled students in the Division who require busing click on the link and follow the directions below:
When in PowerSchool Parent Portal Click on the "School Engage" link on the bottom left hand side of the page
then click on "students" tab on the left side of the page and then choose each student individually
The form is accessible on the top right hand side of the screen and click on the form labeled:
“2019-2020 Transportation Request Form”
If you experience problems accessing your Parent Portal please contact the school directly to assist you.
Any other transportation questions please contact Transportation Services at 403-227-7072.
Please be aware that non-eligible riders may be bumped from a seat on a bus throughout the school year if there is a need to create space for eligible riders. If a non-eligible rider is bumped, a prorated refund of the transportation fee will be provided.
Forms and Brochures (to view, click on the desired document)
Do you know the traffic rules when it comes to school buses? Click here for a video.
Did You Know:
Chinook's Edge runs 123 full time bus routes including 5 special needs routes.
Why should my child be dressed appropriately for the weather?
In the event a bus breaks down or gets stuck, it is important that students are dressed for the weather conditions. If a bus breakdown occurs it may be some time before another bus comes or alternate arrangements can be made to transport students.
What should students do if the bus does not pick them up?
Parents should ensure that their children have a plan in the event that the bus does not arrive to pick them up. Children must be aware of how long to wait at their stop before returning home or going to their alternate location.
Having a plan in place is very important for safety when parents have to leave for work prior to the arrival of the school bus.
Transportation Related Policies
To view the Administrative Procedures related to Transportation and more, please visit our Administative Procedures page.
Requests For Transportation
Requests for rural transportation are to be made at the time of registration at the school.
Registration for urban transportation is available electronically through the SchoolEngage on your Parent Portal. If you need help getting to this form, please ask your school office staff.
PLEASE NOTE: All out-of-jurisdiction students who request busing after September 30 will be charged a fee of $312.00 per student (no pro-rating).